Nemesís
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nemesís

HomeHome  DKPDKP  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Paladin Application

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gogo

Paladin Application Empty
PostSubject: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:01 am

What is your name?
My in-game name is Gogobank. Yes, I leveled my bank alt to 80 and got it geared.

What is your race and class?
My main character, Gogobank, is a female Blood Elf Paladin.

Tell us why you want to join Nemesis.
I would like to join Nemesis to raid with a solid 25-man group every week. Your guild has the reputation of being the best raiding guild horde-side of Thunderlord, and I would like to become a part of that.

What previous guilds have you been with and why did you leave them?
Pre-wrath I was part of Drunken Alliance. Since DA fell apart I had quit the game until the expansion. After obtaining level 80, I joined Servi Letorum and had a great time raiding all 10 and 25-man wrath content with them. Unfortunately, Servi has seen its end, however, I am not ready to stop raiding. Following Servi's death, I have joined League of Dictators to assist them in clearing 10-man content until a spot becomes available in Nemesis, given I meet the requirements.

Are you looking to become a "Raid Member" or a "PvP/Arena Member" primarily?
As of right now my primary focus is on PvE and preparing myself for Tier 8 content.

Please post what instances you have raiding experience in if you answered "Raid Member" to question #5. Please include anything pre-BC and post-BC.
My raid experience pre-bc and bc is nonexistent as far as playing my paladin goes. I raided Kz, Grull, Mag, SSC, Hyjal, and BT (Illidan almost down) as a hunter (Gogoautoshot). I started my paladin after WotLK and I have experience clearing ALL 10 and 25-man content (EoE, Naxx, OS, WG). I am usually pulling top 1 to 3 on healing meters, as well as 2.5k+ dps as retribution.

What spec do you plan to use given your answer to #4?
Note: This doesn't need to be your current spec, but the spec you plan to use given your answer to #4. (Please provide a wowarmory.com/ or similar link to your desired spec)

I would be willing to fill either a dps spot as retribution (5/5/61) or a healing spot as holy (51/5/15).

Please post a wowarmory.com link to your character and a screenshot of your current UI.
I have Valorous/25-man equiv. for my holy set and Heroes/10-man equiv. for my retribution set. Feel free to contact me in-game if you wish to do an in-game gear inspect. As for the links: Wink
- WoWArmory
- UI1 (No Modifier)
- UI2 (Shift Modifier)
- UI3 (CTRL Modifier)

How old are you?
I am 20 years of age. I will be 21 this March! king

If there is anything you would like to say regarding your application that didn't get said in the previous answers, here is your chance!
I know how to play my class. I'm not a pro. I'm not a scrub. And... I am not above taking advice and/or constructive criticism from other players.

Haiku:

Quote :
Fat Canadian,
Why are you such a fatass?
Learn to be less fat.

Please keep my application open until a spot becomes available.

Thank you for your time,
- Gogo

Last edited by Gogo on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:40 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Formatting (underlines added). Links to specs added. Haiku is actually a haiku now =O)
Back to top Go down
Vis
Admin
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Easily the best looking application we've gotten thus far. Pretty enough that I didn't instantly want him to die for being in Servi Letorum, anyway.

I think a test run is warranted just for the effort put forth. He's also read the entire application post and committed to Nemesis and waiting for a spot, which is more than I can say for 90% of the other apps we receive.
Back to top Go down
Ripuanewhole

Ripuanewhole

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:08 am

The Haiku isn't correct Sad 5-7-5 ftw?
Back to top Go down
Vis
Admin
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Noticed no healing mods from your ss. This is new and frightening to me and would have to be rectified. Off the top of my head I could name at least 3 encounters that would be damned difficult without grid, much less the others.

P.S. app still pretty
Back to top Go down
Gogo

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Hey guys,
Thanks for the fast responces.

@Vis: Thanks for the compliments on my formatting. A test run would be awesome. Is this test run a final decision, or was it just a note to the other officers? Thanks a bunch.

@Ripuanewwhole: /facepalm I don't know what I was thinking, I think it is proper now though. Lol.

@Vis: All I've ever found I needed is DBM and my mouseover macros. I always found healing mods as just a distraction and resource eaters. I'm willing to try any mods you recommend with the exception of healbot, lol.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll keep checking back to see whats up.

-Gogo
Back to top Go down
Ripuanewhole

Ripuanewhole

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:25 am

ya like vis ssaid, try grid out, it doesn't use a lot of resources and it provides a quick way to see the entire raids health and anyone who is afflcited by anything you can dispel/decurse ect...

grid also has a lot of extras you can add onto it as well, might want to look through them to see if there is anything else you may want
Back to top Go down
Quizzit

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:41 am

yeah, grid is an excellent way to view the raid, not heal for you or anything. i strongly recommend at least grid.
Back to top Go down
Vis
Admin
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:31 pm

We're doing 10-man Naxx Thursday at 7 server time. Let us know which spec you're going to be ahead of time and we'll see about that run.
Back to top Go down
Gogobank

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:36 pm

I'll give grid a try I suppose. =P I like the default frames alot and if set up properly you only see the debuffs you can cleanse next to each persons name, not to mention if they are in range. Plus, watching the frames keeps me on my toes so I don't fall asleep =P; anyways I'll give grid a try and see if I can't get used to it. lol

Like I said before, I can run as ret or holy to fit the needs of the group. I'll be on an hour or so ahead of time to see whats up. I assume I talk to you in-game Vis?

Thanks,
-Gogo
Back to top Go down
Tipico

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Heres a SS of my UI. grid does everything you stated and more. i have class timers above grid to see my spells on the target and my focus frame is just left of grid for beacon. during raids the group bars are turned off.

edit: note that my bars are set up as ret, not holy atm.

http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowscrnshot011909164938rs7.jpg
Back to top Go down
Gogobank

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Hey,

I checked in with Qqnoobz a couple hours before the raid. He let me know that you guys rescheduled to attempt Sarth 3d. Thanks for the help QQnoobz. =) Anyways, much luck to you guys tonight! Vis, could you toss me an update when you see this.

Thanks a bunch,
- Gogo
Back to top Go down
Vis
Admin
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Aye, we've had some rescheduling going on. Apologies for not saying something about it earlier.

I'm shooting for Sunday or Monday to get a 10-Naxx going depending on who's on and whatnot. If either is better or worse for you let me know and we'll try and figure something out for reasonably soon Razz
Back to top Go down
Gogobank

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:24 pm

Unfortunately, I am unable to raid today, but I'd be more then happy to give it a shot tomorrow if you decide to do it then.

- Gogo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paladin Application   Paladin Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paladin Application
Page 1 of 1